Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InDataExchange response Time

Jump to solution
testbed
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using PN532 in P2P mode wherein the sequence of commands on initiator is like:

1. [Initiator] - InJumpForDep

2. [Initiator] - InDataExchange

On the Target side i have the flow

1. [Target] InitAsTarget

2. TargetRx - [TgGetData]

<Perform processing based on data received, (takes time t)>

3. TargetTx - [TgSetData]

Therefore when i give the InDataExchange command on Initiator, on target side it uses GetData, Process, SetData.

Now then, TgSetData is returning error status as 0x29 - Target released by initiator.

I have observed that when the  processing time t is small the status is OK but when t is large

the status is 0x29. Given that i have not procedurally released the target using InRelease, is there

some timeout setting that i am missing ?

According to the data sheet the S(TO)REQ/RES is managed by PN532. I've set the CFgItem02 & 0x05 using RFConfiguration commands to maximum timeout values but then they are only associated with InJumpForDEP/ATR_REQ/RES

So the question is, is there a timeout value associated with InDataExchange ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rishi Franklin:

Have you measured the difference in time for successful and failed transfers?

The timeout extension request is indeed handled by the PN532 as target, but by default it sends a request for a maximum of 1.078s. See the manual:

pastedImage_1.png

Then the target should send a response before that time elapses.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
testbed
Contributor III

Thanks Jorge, i figured i was setting the 1 sec timeout on target side instead on the initiator cfg registers......

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rishi Franklin:

Have you measured the difference in time for successful and failed transfers?

The timeout extension request is indeed handled by the PN532 as target, but by default it sends a request for a maximum of 1.078s. See the manual:

pastedImage_1.png

Then the target should send a response before that time elapses.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos