How to program the NTAG 413 for Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program the NTAG 413 for Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN)

rockylane
Contributor I

I am trying to create an iPhone app that will be able to detect if a tag is authentic or not. I am trying to to figure out how to program the NTAG 413 to perform a Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN). I am using a uTrust 3700f reader/writer and NXP TagXplorer software to program the tag.

According to the NTAG 413 specifications, the following is stated:

"Besides the NXP originality signature and a 3-pass mutual authentication, it introduces a novel security feature called “Secure Unique NFC Message (SUN)”, which automatically generates tap-unique tag authentication data upon each read-out what enables dedicated unique communication to each user based on predefined criteria. No app (in NFC device) is required to generate this tap-unique data consisting of CMACed information derived from the chip UID, a tap counter and contained data. An NFC enabled device can automatically connect to a web based service and based on the information contained in URL, the device can check the tags authenticity and verify the information validity. NTAG 413 DNA offers flexibility to individualize the structure of this unique data set."

How do I activate this feature of the tag? Any detailed technical information or tutorial for Secure Unique NFC Messaging?

7 Replies

jack-akcan
Contributor I

I am also interested in how to program the ntag 413 and how to handle authentication with the server.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

rajrentala
Contributor II

Hi Jonathan, can you share the information because I want to ask the same question. Thank you.

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Rahiem Klugh,

We have answered on your case that you submited.

BR

Jonathan

charallave13
Contributor I

I have the same issue. Can you reply to me as well? Thanks

0 Kudos

jakefromoz
Contributor I

Been a while since I have looked at it.

You first need to sign and nda and get the relevant documents. It has been a while since I have looked at it. Note I think they have a newer version for the 413s. Try Yang Young on the forum, he helped me.

Regards,

Jake

0 Kudos

support1
Contributor I

Dear Jonathan,  I am also looking at the same solution on SUN features/reading/writing into 413 DNA. Could you please help me?

Thanks

Nagavardhana

0 Kudos

jakefromoz
Contributor I

I have the same issue as well Jonathan. Can you reply to me as well? Thanks.

0 Kudos