How to prevent NFC tag cloning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent NFC tag cloning

rockylane
Contributor I

I am in the process of developing a system that detects counterfeit items. The problem is that most NFC tags can be read and duplicated/cloned by individuals who make counterfeit merchandise. Is there a way to use the NFC ICODE DNA tag or any other tag with a password or encryption to prevent it from being cloned? Can the NFC tag be unique to only one item? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear  Rocky Lane,

Hope you are doing great, the security features you mention can be accomplished with the ICODE DNA  first I would like to remark that ICODE is compliant with ISO/IEC 15693 as most of our  HF devices that are compliant with ISO 14443. please check the NTAG 413 DNA if you want something on the 14443. the information regarding this two tags are under NDA(Non Disclosure Agreement) this means that all the information should be sent using secured communication channels and just delivered to the  customers with NDA for ICODE DNA I recommend you check the application notes 368111,368010.

if you do not have NDA please contact one of our certified distributors in order to sign one and get the information.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos

rockylane
Contributor I

Thanks for the response. I am currently using the NTAG413. How would I program the tag to use Secure Unique NFC Message for authentication? 

0 Kudos

yangyouyong
Contributor II

Do you got any message about the Secure Unique NFC Message useage?

0 Kudos