Encode and Write MIFARE DESFIRe ev1 or ev 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encode and Write MIFARE DESFIRe ev1 or ev 2

voidlotus
Contributor I

I'm currently in the process of asking for RFIDDiscover access (not the Lite version) from the developer but have not yet gotten any response

So, Our startup would like to use MIFARE DESFire ev2 for access control and time attendance. Since I am new to this technology, I am literally have no clue how to encode/write user information into the card. Based on my research, NXP RFIDDiscover can be used to read, write, and encode, can someone please confirm this? If yes, do I need any other software to complete the task or RFIDDiscover alone can handle this?

If you by any chance know some blog or tutorial video about these, that would be wonderful.

#DESFIRe #ev2 #MIFARE #RFIDDiscovery #encode #write #read #access_control #time_attendance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Voidlotus:

Yes, RFID discover is commonly used expert tool running on Windows,  it allows to access and handle  any MIFARE/NTAG/ICODE  family chip and data processing feature.   Supported reader includes CLRD730, PN7462/RC663 EVK .

https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/designs/pegoda-smart-card-reader-based-on-pn7642:CLRD730

You can download the RFIDDiscover User Manual (UM253854) for how to use it. Users need to sign NDA to get it.

Regards

Daniel

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos