cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emulate NFC (Mifare card)

JoaoBrito
Contributor I

Good Afternoon, 

I'm trying to emulate a NFC card using the PN532 chip - so having a PN532 sat on a table and, using an Android or iOS device, be able to read data from the chip. The idea is to use the active capabilities of the PN532 to make the read/write process easier/faster/failproof.

However, I'm having issues. Is there any example that I should follow? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

sallen8421
Contributor I

Hello,

While the PN532 datasheet states that it can emulate a MIFARE Classic card, the User Manual does not describe how to handle the authentication sequence as a target.  When using TGINITASTARGET the PN532 passes the authenticate command from the PCD (i.e. 0x60, 0x04).  Sending challenge 1 using TGRESPONSETOINITIATOR succeeds (status = 0), however the next TGGETINITIATORCOMMAND fails with error 3 (A Parity error has been detected by the CIU).  What are the PN532 commands to handle the 3-pass mutual authentication sequence as a target?

The User Manual/datasheet has details on only authentication in Reader/Writer mode.

8.6.20.3 Commands overview, Table 167

MFAuthent Performs the MIFARE Classic 1K or MIFARE Classic 4K authentication in MIFARE Reader/Writer mode only.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @JoaoBrito 

Thanks for contacting us and interesting the NXP products.

Yes, PN532 supports ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE Card MIFARE Classic 1K / 4K and FeliCa card emulation mode. But based on your description, it's not clear what your problem is. So, could you describe more details?

BR

Kelly

0 Kudos

JoaoBrito
Contributor I

Hello,

Despite setting the PN532 to emulation mode, it appears that the information I'm trying to send is not recognized by the phone when I use it to read the tag.

Is there any example that I should follow? Any specific configuration?

Thank you for your help.

BR

João 

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @JoaoBrito 

please log in NFC Integrated Solution | NXP Semiconductors, where is some document could be helpful to you.

NXF92074_0-1685520982283.png

BR

kelly

0 Kudos