ECP on CLRC663

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECP on CLRC663

marijn
Contributor I

Hi, We currently use the CLRC663 chip in our products and want to implement Apple VAS. We seem to need to be able to send the VASUP-A command. I cannot find this command in the NFC library for the CLRC663.

Can this be done with this chip

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Fabian, I've been assigned to support your case.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Unfortunately, ECP is not available for CLRC663 and, it isn't implemented in the NXP Reader Library. Actually, ECP is only implemented in the PN7150X or, PN7161. For more information, please check the next factsheet: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/fact-sheet/PN7160FS.pdf

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos

Sandeep_Pawar
Contributor I

Hi Febian,

we are also trying to do the similar thing to use ECP library with CLRC663 reader, so could you please help us if there is any other SW files available to use ECP with CLRC663.

Regards

Sandeep Pawar, Aditya Singh

0 Kudos

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Sandeep_Pawar ,

I think there was a misunderstanding here. The PN71xx series are closed-controllers. Indeed there are special ones to support ECP, like the PN7161x. 

But for our other front-ends (CLRC663, PN5180, PN5190, PN7462, etc..) we have a software package ready to showcase ECP and its functionality. 
This can only be handed out on request and if you are approved by Apple.

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos

Sandeep_Pawar
Contributor I

Hi Alexender,

Thanks for your response.

we already have access to the secure files that means we already have ECP library files for CLRC663 chip. Now i am having some trouble to add these library with our existing project. Could you please anyhow help me to know which files to be added or used and the steps included.

Regards

Sandeep Pawar

0 Kudos

Sandeep_Pawar
Contributor I

Hi NXP support,

I am using nxp reader library for CLRC663 chip with STM32 MCU and i am able to get UID of mifare card and working with android phone as well but when i am trying to do the same thing with iphone, iphone detects the nfc but i am not getting any data in my CLRC663 reader. Do we have ios support in that library and if yes then how to make it work with ios devices , what are the changes required in the library. 

I really appreciate your support.

Thanks

Sandeep Pawar

0 Kudos

marijn
Contributor I

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your quick response.

Is there a hardware limitation in the CLRC663 or is it just software. In other words can we just add the right commands in SW to enable this. We have an NDA in place with Apple to exchange this info when needed.

Thanks,

Marijn

0 Kudos

AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @marijn ,

no, there is no hardware limitation from our side. It is purely done in software. Also there is a ECP package in place but can only be handed out after some approval steps.

Please be so kind and write me an email: alexander.baar@nxp.com 

Best regards,
Alexander

0 Kudos