次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Consultation on PN7160 certification issues

1,481件の閲覧回数
Karyliu
Contributor II

Hi NXP,

Can  PN7160 support EMV L1, paypass, and paywave? 

thank you.

0 件の賞賛
返信
8 返答(返信)

1,447件の閲覧回数
JohnEE123
Contributor I

@danielchen @AlexanderB What about for the use case of using something like Felix Cloud Kernel for payment processing?  Requirements there are only to have the hardware be EMV L1 certified, no need for L2/L3 certification.  Would the PN7160, PN7642 or even the PN7462 (legacy product?) work in this situation?  Linux based system would be the go-between the cloud and the MCU/integrated front end. Our preferred part would be the PN7642, but it isn't clear if that part has/can achieve EMVL1 certification.

Are samples available for the PN7220?

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,443件の閲覧回数
AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @JohnEE123 ,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Felix Cloud Kernel and cannot comment on this. 

The PN7160 can hardly pass EMV L1 (and is not recommended for new EMV designs), it heavily depends on the sorrounding material. You are far better of with a PN5190 or PN7642. 
The PN7642 and PN5190 share the same analog front-end. Even though the PN76 family is not placed in the EMV marked by us, we are very confindent that it can pass EMV L1 (as the PN5190 does). 

For the PN7220 currently are no samples available. I do not know the timeline when engineering samples will be made available. 

Greetings, Alex

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,473件の閲覧回数
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Karyliu 

PN7160 is not targeted for EMVCo products.  PN7160 is an NFC controller designed for integration in mobile devices and devices compliant with NFC standards.  Applications includes Mobile devices, portable equipment, consumer devices...

For EMVCo products. I would suggest you use PN5190.  PN5190 is a robust solution for payment terminals. Offering full compliance with EMVCo 3.1 and NFC Forum certifications.

please refer to below link for more details about PN5190.

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/nfc-frontend-supporting-challenging-rf-envi...

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,470件の閲覧回数
Karyliu
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply.

What system versions are supported by PN5190?

Currently, Android 13 and above versions are required. Can PN5190 support it?

タグ(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信

1,459件の閲覧回数
AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Karyliu ,

I just want to add something to the answer of Daniel.

Yes, the PN5190 is tailored for EMVCo usecase and fits it perfectly. But it is only a NFC Front-End and needs a host controller where the application runs. This is different from a PN7160 which is a controller itself running NCI for an interface. 

The better suited successor of the PN7160 would be the upcoming PN7220. Which is also targeting the EMVCo marked and supporting Android 13. Unfortunately it is not released yet and the official release date is around June. 

Best regards, Alex

1,236件の閲覧回数
Karyliu
Contributor II

Hi AlexanderB,

Have pN7220 been released yet? I have information on the NXP official website.

Can PN7220 pass PCI certification?

Does PN7160 support PCI authentication?

Thank you.

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,215件の閲覧回数
AlexanderB
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Karyliu ,

The PN7220 has been released: PN7220 

The PCI certification is done for the POS terminal and not a single chip. To be PCI compliant you need a secure host microcontroller. 

The PN7160 is not targeting the POS market. 

Best regards,
Alexander

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,202件の閲覧回数
Karyliu
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

I got it.

Thank you.

0 件の賞賛
返信