MC34GD3000 Gate Drive Resistors

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC34GD3000 Gate Drive Resistors

motherurf
Contributor I

Hi, Im trying to employ the MC34GD3000 gate driver and we are having problems with the device failing and damaging the gate driver of the High Side MOSFET's. Firstly is there any application note on correct setup of the gate driver outputs. What we are seeing is when driving the MOSFET without any gate resistors, the gate driver gets damaged. Also looking at all the development kits for the MC34GD3000 (and the MC33937) they all have gate resistors, which sort of states that they are required (although stated optional in the datasheet). Moreover, in some of the development kits, the boot strap caps are as high as 2u2 (which is also a bit weird). Take the MCSXTE2BK142 dev kit, it has 10nF Mosfets, 33R gate resistors and 2u2 boot strap caps! It also have 4R7 resistors in the high side gate driver source connections (R57, R58 and R59), which I can't see why these are required. Is there any design guides that will tell me how to define the gate resistors, bootstrap capacitors and why the High Side Gate drivers may require some resistance to the MOSFET sources?

Many thanks.

#mc34gd3000 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

edwardmiles038
Contributor I

The TellPopeyes Survey is a method used by restaurants to gather feedback from patrons on their dining experiences in order to improve the quality of service they provide on a consistent basis.

0 Kudos

guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Will reply to you based on your case.

0 Kudos