cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC33HB200 Using for different purpose

Eng_34
Contributor I

Hello,

Is it possible to control a solenoid valve using the H-Bridge feature with the MC33HB200 or any H-Bridge IC product, not a DC motor but only a low side output? In this way, can I continue to use features such as error detection with SPI? If I have the opportunity to use it in this way, what are the points I should pay attention to?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

ramprakash07
Contributor III

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to control a solenoid valve using the H-Bridge feature with the MC33HB200. The H-Bridge IC is not limited to controlling DC motors only, it can also be used to control other inductive loads such as solenoids. The low side output can be used to control the solenoid valve.

The SPI error detection feature can still be used in this setup. The SPI interface can be used to monitor the status of the H-Bridge and detect any errors. This can be useful for troubleshooting and ensuring the system is operating correctly.

When using the H-Bridge to control a solenoid valve, there are a few points you should pay attention to:

• Ensure the solenoid valve does not exceed the current rating of the H-Bridge. The MC33HB200 has a maximum output current of 2A.
  • Make sure to use a freewheeling diode across the solenoid to protect the H-Bridge from the back EMF generated when the solenoid is de-energized.
  • Ensure the power supply voltage does not exceed the maximum supply voltage of the H-Bridge. The MC33HB200 has a maximum supply voltage of 28V.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos