High-freq PWM controller

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High-freq PWM controller

erikraynolds
Contributor III

I am looking for a controller (i.MX RT?) capable to generate 3-phase high frequency PWM in 100kHz range for a GaN inverter.

Please can you recommend the device, motor control SW with high-freq FOC or BLDC control?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

erikraynolds
Contributor III

How fast are you able to calculate full sensorless foc for pmsm? Are you able to do it in less then 5 microseconds on single core?

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

For Motor Control is recommended to use the eFlexPWM module, it is limited by its clock root. And taking this into consideration, any i.MX RT Crossover MCUs can meet your needs.

In Clock Controller Module (CCM) chapter from any RT reference manual you can see a table which specify which clock root use each module. And a little later you can found another table that states their maximum frequency. For example, for RT1170:

_Leo__0-1709234768165.png
_Leo__1-1709234775285.png

Table's names vary in each manual but all are in CCM chapter.

Also I recommend you to take a look in MCUXPRESSO-SDK-MOTOR-CONTROL page.

Hope it helps you.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos

erikraynolds
Contributor III

Thank you to pointing me! I'd like to try it out, is there a low-cost dev board, aka USB stick size? 

BTW it seems eIQ with tf-micro available - does it support AI/ML acceleration?

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can check the EVK available for each device in the Hardware section from its page. For example:

_Leo__0-1709316242690.png

Most likely there are other dev boards from third parties that use our devices, but you would have to search for them on your own. (I hope you understand that this is out of our scope.)

On the other hand, in EIQ-TFLITE-MICRO you can check which i.MX RTs are supported. But you need to take into account that RTs do not have an eIQ Neutron NPU like the MCX-N94X-N54X.

0 Kudos