cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Torque Control

bhanu_kassel
Contributor II

Hi,

I am doing to maintain constant torque but i am unable to maintain constant torque. Can you anyone resolve my problem as soon as possible? Please check the attached file. What are the changes to do for the below file?

Regards,

Bhanu

dumitru-daniel.popamariuslucianandrei

0 Kudos
2 Replies

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi bhanu.kassel@gmail.com‌,

When you say that you can maintain the constant torque, what exactly you are seeing ?

Typically, if you do not have a load, then the motor will rev up until the UQ voltage will become saturated. 

Or, you are saying that at specific IQ reference the motor is not capable of delivering the torque you are looking for ?

One possible approach would be to change the LUT from Speed2Torque to have a more aggressive slope. Perhaps to inject more current sooner.

pastedImage_1.png 

Another thing you need to check is current controller response in Q axis (flux axis). Perhaps you can re-tune it to be more aggressive. 

Can you explain a little bit more how you are using the model shared here ? I see that at some point you move from open loop to closed loop in terms of rotor angle using the hall sensor estimator. 

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

bhanu_kassel
Contributor II

hi dumitru-daniel.popa,

thanks for the reply.

I did all what you said. Motor is running until the torque current is saturated.I made it more agressive. Right now I changed LUT to more aggressive one and motor is running. But in the first time, motor sometimes stall and fault detection triggered so I think it is related motor tuning. FYI, I did several tuning experiments but it didn't work because when motor starts running, it consumes a lot of power, so it bothers the hall sensor properly detects the rotor position.  Please check the below file 

If you provide answer to maintain constant torque, it will be grateful.

Regards,

Bhanu.

0 Kudos