cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating PIL Simulation

satvenmechatron
Contributor II

Hi NXP Team.

We are trying to PIL simulation with NXPS32K144EVB,but it is terminating after few seconds and not at all running to complete simulation time.will you help us to resolve it.thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @satvenmechatron ,

start BootLoader ...
    Error:An error occurred while running the simulation and the simulation was terminated
    Caused by:
        The timeout of 10 seconds for receiving data from the rtiostream interface has been exceeded. There might be multiple reasons for this failure.

From the attached log, looks like there is a communication issue. Is the PIL simulation receiving any data? or this is only the message you get? Because if the board is not communicating at all, in this case, either the application is not running on the board, either in the model settings a wrong Serial COM port is checked.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

satvenmechatron
Contributor II

HI Mariuslucianand ,

Thanks for the replay,

We are able to receive the data from the board and also logged data for a few samples during the PIL, If our thought is right, The board is communicating for a few sec and it is disconnecting later. We tried with different sampling time periods like sec 50e-6,0.05,0.01  etc..so that the board is running for a few sec and later disconnecting at different simulation time values. means like for larger sample time period it will run for higher simulation time and vice versa.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @satvenmechatron ,

Are the results which you get from PIL covering the entire simulation time? I am asking this because right now I don't understand if you are worried that the simulation executes much faster on the HW in PIL than it should or I want to know if you get some errors and the 

For example, if you set the stop time for 10 seconds but in PIL it takes one or two seconds to run the simulation band the results look good covering all the sample points, then this is normal. If the sample time is 1 second, so you have to execute that basically 10 times, Simulink will not execute the algorithm at each second it will optimize the execution. It will do that much fast but will show you the results as if the code would have been executed at each step time with respect to timing.

My worry is rather or not at some point, something goes wrong and the Simulink loses communication with the board.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

satvenmechatron
Contributor II

Hi Mariuslucianand,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the results of the PIL is not covering the entire simulation time. the simulation is not at all completing but it is disconnecting after a few sec. you can understand the results better with the attached docs. we captured the results of the PIL simulation for different sample times.

we want to run the model for complete simulation time with the sample time 5e-5. 

0 Kudos