Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong happens when starting SIL or PIL simulation

Jump to solution
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hello everyone,

No matter which version or complier is used,it seems that the same problem always happened.I have no idea to  solve it.Can someone help me about it ?Please review the attachment.

Thanks a lot.

Hj

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hj,

Please try to reinstall the Matlab and the toolbox. I think 8dot3 option applies to files created after it is enabled.

Regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hj, 

From your error file it looks like your MATLAB installation is in a path with " " _spaces and that seems to trigger the error.

sim_sil_target.mk:173: E:/Program: No such file or directory

sim_sil_target.mk:173: Files: No such file or directory

sim_sil_target.mk:173: (x86)/MATLAB/R2013b\rtw\c\tools\lcctools.mak: No such file or directory

gmake: *** No rule to make target `(x86)/MATLAB/R2013b\rtw\c\tools\lcctools.mak'

What i suggest is to:

- reinstall MATLAB in a path without spaces: e.g. C:\MATLAB

- use Microsoft Software Development Kit (SDK) 7.1  to get the compiler: Download Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 from Official Microsoft Download C... 

With this setup it should work flawless:

Capture.JPG

My setup: Win7 + Matlab2013b + MSDK7.1

Hope it helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Though  reinstalling  MATLAB in a path without spaces and using Microsoft Software Development Kit (SDK) 7.1 ,I still fail to compile the MPC5643L toolbox  examples and it always hints that .mexw32 file  does not exist.With the same method ,the problem never occur in other computer,only exsiting in mine.So what happens in my computer?Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Hj

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hj, 

I'm sorry for this situation. Let's go back to basics. Can you compile any C-source file with your Matlab setup ?

Please compile the file attached: in Matlab command line run:

>> mex main.c
Building with 'Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1 (C)'.
MEX completed successfully.

Does it creates a main.mexw64 or main.mexw32 file ?

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

It does  create a main.mexw32 file .What do I need to do to find out the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Hj

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You still have issues with the paths. Inside the toolbox there is a directory that contains spaces "MCLIB for MPC564xL". Your Windows operation system does not handles the paths correctly and the Matlab looks for the path until the first space (wrong) and that is why it complains and fails.

To confirm this, please open a command line (cmd.exe) on your computer and run this command:

FSUTIL.EXE 8dot3name query E:

Paste here (in english) the return results.

0 Kudos
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

I did it as what you said and it hints"error:refuse to access".Is there any other way to test it?

Thanks 

Hj

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hj,

Personally i do not know other way. You should ask your system administrator to handle this since it appears your user does not have administrative privileges.

I believe your computer is not configure to handle paths that contains spaces and/or are too long (8.3 filename - Wikipedia)

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

After running the command ,the hints are as follows

C:\Users\Administrator>FSUTIL.EXE 8dot3name query E:
volume state is: 1 (8dot3 name is forbidden to be built)。 
registry state is : 2 (Set by volume - defaults)。

base on the configuration above,8dot3 name is forbidden to be built on E

Can you give me some suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Hj

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Hj, 

This explains why on your computer the long path that contains spaces are break into multiple commands that are not recognized. Here are my settings. You can also check this command on the other computers that we said are working.

C:\Users\b21307>FSUTIL.EXE 8dot3name query C:
The volume state for Disable8dot3 is 0 (8dot3 name creation is enabled).
The registry state of NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation is 2, the default (Volume level setting).
Based on the above two settings, 8dot3 name creation is enabled on C:.

Ideally would be to try to configure this computer and enable the 8dot3 on E partition.

Hope this helps you to fix the issue.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
hjhjhj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Firstly,I configured this computer and enabled the 8dot3 on E partition as follow.But it didn't heip.Is it the rightway to configure it ?

图片1.png

What's more,I want  to know the way to use MCToolbox when  MPC5643L working on DPM mode.

Thanks a lot.

Hj

0 Kudos
paulvlase
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hj,

Please try to reinstall the Matlab and the toolbox. I think 8dot3 option applies to files created after it is enabled.

Regards,

Paul