Simulink Generated Code Not Executing on DEVKIT-MPC5744P RevE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Generated Code Not Executing on DEVKIT-MPC5744P RevE

185 Views
agBoiler18
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have spent about 12 solid hours trying to figure this issue out. My issue is:

Code generated using MBDT 3.2.0 does not execute on DEVKIT-MPC5744P REV E board. 

 

Here is a list of facts/conditions:

  • If I load an example LED hello world project in S32DS, build and flash, everything works without an issue.
  • Using Simulink 2020b Update 7 (I suspected this was my main issue since 2020a is latest compatible with MBDT 3.2.0).
    • I am unable to install 2020a due to severe hard-drive limits on my workstation
  • I tried the hot fixes for MBDT 3x, which caused the toolbox to fail (lots of errors and broken links), so had to reinstall MBDT 3.2.0 without hot-fixes
  • I am using the RBF file from MBDT 3.2's tools/bootloader folder
    • I also tried the RBF file from hot-fixes, no change to issue
  • I tried two versions of S32DS (2.1, 2.1 with updates, reinstalled several times, 2017R). Using 2.1 with updates using online updater. 
  • Jumper settings:
    • I have J31 un-populated, J39 un-populated, J30 connected 1-2, all others are as recommended
    • I tried J30 unpopulated with J39 populated, J31 un-populated to match another employee post, that didn't change anything. Schematic suggests that switches PWM to analog for Ardunio compatibility

 

Summary of steps carried out:

  • I flashed the DEVKIT with the RevE RBF file needed to be able to flash via Simulink.
    • If I failed to do this, then RBF would get stuck at init (so at least I know this was somewhat working).
  • I loaded gpio_mpc457x which makes the blue LED toggle by default, upon pressing SW1, light goes green, SW2 results in red light
    • I also tried the hello world UART model, no luck, figured the LED example is easier since I don't have to keep trying to terminal in
  • I tried to generate code from Simulink, when prompted, I pressed reset then released and let Simulink call the flasher, RAppID BL Progress shows Erasing, then completes flash (100%) and closes itself.
  • I reset the board and I don't see any LED changes. Application doesn't seem to be executing.

Next:

  • Import the project from Simulink (the one generated above) into S32DS using the procedure posted on this board with the following "fixes":
    • Rename .S to .s extension of any files in the new project directory
    • Change project settings to reselect the E200Z4 with re-selection of libraries with support.
    • I then was able to build successfully (with warnings, no errors).
  • I then attempted to flash the generated ELF and same issue, the program did not execute.

I am suspecting there is something wrong with my board. Or it could also be a Simulink version issue. Can someone please advise?

 

Sorry for lengthy post. Thank you in advance for your help. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

183 Views
agBoiler18
Contributor I

So the second, possibly newer board worked! 

  • I plugged in my spare board.
  • I flashed the OpenSDA RBF RevE file needed to flash via Simulink
  • Using Simulink 2020b Update 7, I generated and built code (COM port properly updated under build settings), placed board in BAM mode using reset switch
  • After flash completed, program executes (blue light blinks, I tried SW1, SW2 and lights changed)
  • Jumper settings are the same as other board.

Here are the relevant details of the board that worked on my first attempt:

  • SCH-29333
  • REV E1
  • 700-29333
  • REV A

Another sticker:

  • TDA7081
  • MT19361762

MCU Stamping:

  • SPC5744PFMLQ9
  • 1N15P
  • QMZFA1922H

 

Is my other board defective or damaged? Are there any options to get it repaired?

It works fine when building hand code from S32DS so I am struggling to understand how it is a hardware issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos

185 Views
agBoiler18
Contributor I

When I was posting this question, three similar topics came up, they are unresolved but seem to suggest a hardware issue. 

Here is what the sticker on the back of my board says:

  • SCH-29333
  • REV E1
  • 700-29333
  • REV A

Another couple stickers read:

  • TDA7081
  • MT19361609

The MCU itself has the following stamped on it:

  • SPC5744PFMLQ9
  • 1N15P
  • QMZDN1911T

I happen to have one more DEVKIT MPC5744P RevE I can try. I am hesitant since they are expensive (used to be around 35 USD, now over 125 USD). I will post back with results.

0 Kudos