cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K344 MBDT UART

avinashstarkenn
Contributor III

Hello Community, 

I was working on UART example s32k3xx_uart_async_s32ct, the example is working for only 1 character like 'H'. I want communication with multiple character like 'Hello'. Please suggest the changes in Simulink or provide example model for the reference. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @avinashstarkenn,

The mentioned model (s32k3xx_uart_async_s32ct) is indeed a loopback example, showcasing an application that is sending back, via UART, the input from the keyboard. 

If you would like to implement a more complex scenario, I suggest you take a look at the following examples delivered in the toolbox:

s32k3xx_uart_leds_ebt / s32k3xx_uart_leds_s32ct from the demos folder, which illustrates how to combine UART and DIO functionalities to control the LEDs on the board using UART. Based on the keyboard input pressed (R, G, B, or SPACE), the corresponding LED will be toggled and a specific message will be sent via UART. Additionally, you could activate or deactivate all the LEDs on the board by pressing USER_SW0 or USER_SW1, and a specific text will be displayed via UART.

s32k3xx_icu_signal_edge_detect_ebt from the icu folder, which uses UART to display the signal edges of a generated signal, and the activation condition changes. Based on the switch pressed, it will be displayed via UART specific messages.

I hope the above examples could be a starting point for your application.

Best regards,

Dragos

0 Kudos

avinashstarkenn
Contributor III
Hi @dragostoma,
The solution that you gave are not related to the question that I have asked.
I want a model where I want to send and receive multiple string(like 'Hello' and not a single character like only 'H').We want to view that string.
0 Kudos

dragostoma
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, @avinashstarkenn ,

A better solution for your application in this case could be the s32k3xx_uart_buffer_s32ct model example which shows how to use UART component to transfer data of variable length using a circular buffer. You should type characters in the terminal and a correct run of the program will write back those characters to the terminal when the ENTER key is pressed. I recommend using this model as a starting point for your application.

Hope this helps,

Dragos

0 Kudos