cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K148 EVB LIN2 issue

DenisK
Contributor II

Hi,

i am doing some development with LIN on the S32K148 EVB.

EVB is working in master mode and transmits two LIN frames. Slave is sending one LIN frame which is received by master.

The attached model "LIN0_Example" is using LIN0 (PTA3 (LPUART0_TX) | PTA2 (LPUART0_RX)) and working fine.

The attached model "LIN2_Example" is using LIN2 (PTA9 (LPUART2_TX) | PTA8 (LPUART2_RX)) and is exactly the same model. LIN2 is not working here. I don't see any LIN communication.

Could anybody help or has experience with it?

Regards

Denis

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

DenisK
Contributor II

Hi,

I have tried to use LIN2 with an own hardware. Didn't worked either. 

Best regards

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisK 

I've tried both your models, and I was able to see the same messages in both cases.

Once the board starts running the algorithm, I captured 3 frames:

mariuslucianand_0-1635884191087.png

The first one is the one with the identifier 21

mariuslucianand_1-1635884270203.png

Next is 19.

mariuslucianand_2-1635884293123.png

And the last one is the request from 20, right?

mariuslucianand_3-1635884335658.png

I have also attached my mot file, maybe is something from the generated code.

Also, I've added a simple model, to test the communication between LIN0 and LIN2, the ones on the S32K148 Evaluation Board. To test this model, you have to connect both LIN signals on the evaluation board just like in the picture below. LIN0 sends some data to LIN2 and you shall see a variable incrementing in the FreeMaster project.

mariuslucianand_4-1635884617720.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

DenisK
Contributor II

Hi @mariuslucianand,

i've tried to run your model with the recommendet connection. But it doesn't work. It seems so, that LIN2 doesn't send any frame.

I've tried with a second same EVB. But nothing changed.

Any further ideas?

Best regards

Denis

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisK ,

I would be tempted to ask you if you have powered up the board also with the 12V power supply, but because the LIN0 is working on your side, I think you have already done that.

Can you please add a picture of your board, both Top and Bottom? I am interested if we have the same board revs or the jumpers have the same settings.

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

DenisK
Contributor II

Hi @mariuslucianand,

this is the EVB which i am using.

Regards

Denis

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @DenisK ,

Thank you for sending me the pictures!

I've noticed that you have the board with the MCU in 176 pins package, while on my side I have one with 144 pins. Let me investigate this and I will reply with a response. 

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

Sushi0443
Contributor I

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any update on this? It seems there is a problem with using LIN 2 on S32K148 "Rev B" boards. I saw in another post that there is a hardware problem and that the SPI data Input and Output lines need to be swapped.

I am using the Lin_master/Lin_Slave example for S32K148 boards which uses LIN 2. Please advice.

0 Kudos