Read_Register block (register_s32k_read_block) Error evaluating 'MaskDialog' callback

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read_Register block (register_s32k_read_block) Error evaluating 'MaskDialog' callback

Jump to solution
ericrost
Contributor II

When adding the Read_Register block to an otherwise working model, I get the attached error, and the "Peripheral" dropdown list comes up with only <empty> in the pick list as shown. 

Any guidance to resolve this error would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ericrost,

Can you please apply the files attached in the below-mentioned thread? All the instructions are there:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/Read-register-block-error-S32k142/m-p/1...

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ericrost
Contributor II

@mariuslucianand,

I am using R2020a Update 7. There is no output to the command window, however the contents of the error window mention that callback specifically:

"Error evaluating 'MaskDialog' callback of register_s32k_read block (mask) 'CAN_Interface/Read_Register'. Callback string is 'mbd_s32k_periph_update_cbk('read');'"

And:

"Error evaluating 'MaskDialog' callback of register_s32k_read block (mask) 'CAN_Interface/Read_Register'. Callback string is 'mbd_s32k_reg_update_cbk;'"

Images of the error dialog are attached to my original request.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ericrost,

Can you please apply the files attached in the below-mentioned thread? All the instructions are there:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/Read-register-block-error-S32k142/m-p/1...

Hope this helps,

Marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ericrost
Contributor II

@mariuslucianand 

With some searching I found this post:

Applying the patch attached to the solution resolved the error I encountered as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ericrost
Contributor II

@mariuslucianand 

That link leads to a Message Not Found notice

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ericrost ,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce it on my side, even if I've seen this error reported by some other customer. Can you please tell me if there is an error reported in MATLAB's Command Window?

I am interested to see if it reports something under the mbd_S32k3_periph_update_cbk script. When the block is opened, it populates the peripherals and my guess is that it is unable to populate the list, which makes that <empty> dropdown option.

Also, can you please tell me which MATLAB version are you using?

mariuslucianand_0-1641240613393.png

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
ericrost
Contributor II

@mariuslucianand:

The file it is trying to read has an error in the path it is looking in, I'm using an S32K144, and the path is pointing to:

Matlab Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K1xx\mbdtbx_s32k\devices\S32K116\signal_description\S32K144\.mat

Bold added for clarity, there is an obvious error in that path looking for S32K144 related files in the S32K116 branch of the directory tree.

Clarifying information provided in the original report, using the png I attached as reference to produce that path.

0 Kudos