cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RDDRONE BMS772 SBC PROBLEM

Lutfullah
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using RDDRONE-BMS772 in Matlab Simulink. I try to use CAN Bus but there is no 5V from SBC. Even, i select "V2C On in Normal Mode" when i measure the test point that has to give 5V, i see 2.7V for each mode of SBC(sleep mode,normal mode and standby mode). Is there any solution for this issue?  

Lutfullah

Best Regards

4 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Lutfullah , @OGUZ1,

I had a look at the execution of the generated code running on the RDDRONE board. Currently, the SBC implementation selects the first SPI config block it finds in the model, and there are situations when it selects the one designed for the BMS, and we also need to cover the 32Mhz Clock selection. Our plan is to provide some updates for the current toolbox, alongside some examples for the RDDRONE board. I cannot commit a date, but we are expecting to do this soon.

Now, until this update will be available, you can still communicate over CAN, without actually configuring the SBC, by setting it in what is called "Forced Normal Mode". In this mode, the watchdog is disabled, the low-drop voltage regulator (V1) is active, VEXT/INH is enabled and the CAN transceiver is active.

To do so, you have to power up the board with the following connections:

- pin RSTN (J6.1) is held LOW (GND)

- CANH is pulled up to Vbat_IN

- CANL is pulled down to GND

I will keep you updated, once we have some updates ready to be delivered.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

OGUZ1
Contributor III

Hello, @mariuslucianand 

You said you would look after me. It's been so long. Have you had a chance to be interested?

Best Regards!!

0 Kudos

OGUZ1
Contributor III

Hi , @mariuslucianand 

Any progress?

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Lutfullah ,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to this board yet, but we are expecting some boards in the near future. I have opened an internal ticket to track your request regarding the SBC on the RDDRONE_BMS772.  The best we can do right now is to check on an S32K144EVB until we receive our RDDRONE_BMS772 to test on.

I will keep you updated on our progress.

Regards,

Marius