PIL error based Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIL error based Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3xx

KimFeng
Contributor I

Hi, MBDTeam, I have an S32K344 Board, when I try to make the PIL on Matlab, it returned a massage that 'the executable file has been downloaded to S32K344'.  However, it failed to PIL with the following messages on the "Diagnostic View".

The timeout of 10 seconds for receiving data from the rtiostream interface has been exceeded.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @KimFeng 

Could you please share with us some more details, about your current setup, so that we could provide guidance to the problem you are currently encountering? It would be useful to know:
- What Matlab version you are using
- What evaluation board you are using
- Is the model you are testing part of the toolbox delivered applications or a custom design? If it is the case of the first option, could you please share with us the name of the model?

Until then, just to provide some useful information: before running a PiL simulation for a model, you should open the model's Hardware Settings, and under the PIL group:
- set the COM port as found in the Device Manager after connecting an USB cable between the host PC and the board.
- set the appropriate serial communication (LPUART) instance according to the board and connections you are using.

Thanks,
Irina

0 Kudos

KimFeng
Contributor I

Hi, Irina. Thanks for your reply. The Matlab version is R2021b, the evaluation board is S32K344, and my model is a simple custom-designed model. The COM port was set correctly according to this post. https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/NXP-MATLAB-Toolbox-Installer/m-p/136680.... And I tried to post some relative pictures, but it failed. May I send you an email to show more details? Thank you so much again!

0 Kudos