cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash code using Serial Communication

srikar_26
Contributor II

Hello,

I am using NXP S32K144. I have designed a Simulink Model and want to flash the model using serial communication. What all changes have to be done to flash the code?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @srikar_26 

In order to download the executable on the board via Serial connection, you have to first flash the bootloader on the board and then specify the Serial option in your model. There are the main steps:

1. Open the S32DS for Arm and flash the bootloader rbf file. You can find the rbf file for the S32K144 in the Toolbox installation location tools, BootLoader, RBF_Files.

mariuslucianand_0-1641891996721.png

2. Open the main config block and under Target Connection, select Serial option as Download interface, check the Boot Assist option ( This will ask you to reset the board while the executable is ready to pe deployed on target) and select the right COM port associated with your baord.

mariuslucianand_1-1641892214021.png

In our toolbox, there is an example called flash_bam_download_s32k144.mdl which you can test first.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

TOM_ScuderiaMensaFSG
Contributor I

hi @mariuslucianand 

what kind of hardware is required or recommended for serial communication with the chip? 

Can a SEGGER J-Links do this job? 

0 Kudos

srikar_26
Contributor II

Hi @mariuslucianand ,

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to flash the code on a pcb designed by us with NXP S32K144 microcontroller. Is there any specific Serial communication channel/pins we should use?

Thanks.

0 Kudos