cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCAN Module, Message ID as input

vinicius_olivei
Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I'm doing some tests with Model-Base tool from S32K144, using CAN communication.

I noticed the FCAN_Send block have as input Data and Lenght. Is it possible to set Message ID as an Input instead of block configuration?

pastedImage_1.png

If this is possible I can use only one block, instead of 20 with different IDs.

Best!

8 Replies

kuber2vedi
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on the MPC5748G , facing same issue  in FCAN_send block need input port for CAN ID instead of configure it by block parameter. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or alternatives you might have come across to address this matter.

Additionally, I'd like to make a request to the NXP team. It would be immensely helpful if they could consider adding this feature to the MBDT MPC57xx toolbox to facilitate our work.

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello vinicius.oliveira@enfas.de‌,

Unfortunately, for the moment this use-case is not covered by our toolbox. We appreciate your input as you make a valid point - we will take this under consideration and most likely make this possible in our next release for S32K.

Kind regards,

Razvan.

Pullo
Contributor I

Hello

I was also looking for same kind of functionality as well,

Is it possible to assign a parameter to the message id instead of fixed number?

We would like change the message id's according to configuration input obtained from gpio

And ı think it can be done at s32 desinf studio so I assume this use case not developed at MBDT

Sorry for bumping a 2 year old post 

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Pullo,

This functionality of having the Message ID as input for the CAN Send Block has been added to the Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K1xx and it is available in the latest 4.3.0 version. In order to enable the ID as an input port, you have to check "Show advanced options" and then check the "Show ID input port" as shown in the image below.

mariuslucianand_0-1692859303296.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos

Tramorn
Contributor II

Hello Marius,

Thanks for the swift response, 

We are using the MBDT for MPC57xx family, 

I know the topic is opened for S32K family,

Seems like we do not have this feature on the MBDT MPC57xx Toolbox 

I have the version of 3.2.0 seems like this is the latest one 

Thanks 

kuber2vedi
Contributor II

Hello Tramorn,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m currently working on the MPC5748G and have encountered a common issue. I require an input port for CAN IDs, primarily due to my work on the J1939 CAN protocol. This protocol necessitates the configuration of different IDs in various scenarios. Have you come across any alternative solutions for this challenge?

Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Tramorn
Contributor II

Hello kuber2vedi,

Sadly, instead of solving this we migrate to the S32K family, the project we are working on small demonstration and we didn't have strickt requirement on using specific MCU family,

But while I was awaiting reply I was converted the simulink model into the C code, The code responsible from FCAN sending & receiving is easily readable, 

I think it's possible to declare a variable and use that in the FCAN functions in C code

But I didn't try that yet 

Thanks 

kuber2vedi
Contributor II

Hi Tramorn,

Thanks for your reply, we have also decided to go with S32K faimly. 

0 Kudos