Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user_config.h

Jump to solution
UB39
Contributor I

Hello!

Is there a documentations about the meaning of the paramters and their settings inside the user_config.h and if so where can I find it?

Many thanks

Ulf

0 Kudos
1 Solution
trailman
Contributor V

Hi,

Documentation is the only way to do when no source code is available, but as all MQX source code is available, the best thing to do is to search all source tree for then to see exactly what they do.

Like this you will never have the problem of an incomplete or outdated doc and will probably learn many other interesting things at the same time. OK this takes a little bit more time than searching in a doc, but I think it's worth.

Also when I want to know exactly what a function does or how I can hack it to meet my requirements, I love having the source code. No documentation could help me more. So if I have to choose, I prefer to know that some guys are working at Freescale to extend or improve the code rather than to write a doc.

Here is the power of open source !

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
trailman
Contributor V

And for low level MQX settings, see also the defaults in :

mqx/source/include/mqx_cnfg.h

where you can also find information on each setting.

0 Kudos
MarkP_
Contributor V

Hi,

One location to study config-parameters is file twrk60n512.h

in directory \Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512

~Mark

trailman
Contributor V

Hi,

Documentation is the only way to do when no source code is available, but as all MQX source code is available, the best thing to do is to search all source tree for then to see exactly what they do.

Like this you will never have the problem of an incomplete or outdated doc and will probably learn many other interesting things at the same time. OK this takes a little bit more time than searching in a doc, but I think it's worth.

Also when I want to know exactly what a function does or how I can hack it to meet my requirements, I love having the source code. No documentation could help me more. So if I have to choose, I prefer to know that some guys are working at Freescale to extend or improve the code rather than to write a doc.

Here is the power of open source !

Best regards

0 Kudos