Where can I find an example code for USB OTG with MQX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an example code for USB OTG with MQX?

Jump to solution
panpwr
Contributor IV

Hello good people!

I can only find host/device examples, and I would like to understand how to use the OTG MQX driver, through the MAX3353 chip in my TWR-K60D100M (and later port it to my custom board).

Thanks,
Lior.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is not USB OTG support in stack for now. :smileysad:

The MAX3353 is therefore bypassed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, what does it mean "to use"? Do you want to use the OTG capability, i.e. to change the function from host to device and vice versa?

0 Kudos
panpwr
Contributor IV

Exactly. I want my board to be dual - once it will act as a host, and other time as a device.

I've noticed that the MAX3353 chip is part of the TWR-K60D100M, and is controlled by I2C lines. I know that there is an USB OTG driver support in MQX, but couldn't find any code examples.

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is not USB OTG support in stack for now. :smileysad:

The MAX3353 is therefore bypassed.

0 Kudos
OldNick
Contributor IV

We have been waiting for OTG and Composite device in MQX on kinetis for over a year. 

Medical Stack v4 has these.  What is the hold-up?

Please let us know what timescale we still have to wait before this might be completed.

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello "OldNick",

excuse me, but I am not marketer or decision taker, so I can never tell you the exact date. It's not up to me to decide. I know only that there are plans after 4.0.1, but if the plan will not be approved because of higher priority things the implementation will be postponed later.

0 Kudos
OldNick
Contributor IV

Juraj, I understand - not your fault. 

I was really hoping composite device and OTG would be in 4.0.0

Now that it is not, I wonder how many more months our product development will be held up.  We don't need HNP etc., just a simple CDC/MSD (device) + HID/printer (host) example.

"Plug into a PC, get a removable drive, plug a printer in and press "print", get hard-copy output.

Is it true there is no public "roadmap" for MQX releases?  We just have to "wait and see"?

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

unfortunatelly we do not publish any official roadmap. :smileysad: For now, you can use MCU with more controllers and you can enable the functionality for both of them. But probably this is not the case you are interested in.

0 Kudos
panpwr
Contributor IV

:smileysad::smileysad::smileysad: indeed.....

Are there any plans for the near future?

0 Kudos
JuroV
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes. Please take this information as not confirmed yet, but after MQX 4.0.1 release there is plan to incorporate OTG functionality. Some work is already done.