cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MQX's Individual Components

Jump to solution
sensorEric
Contributor I

"Like a Chinese buffet, I take what I want and leave the rest" ... Kurt Douglas in Big Trouble in Little China 

I am working with the free version and trying to keep my program under 128kb. The only functionality I need out of MQX is the USB stack. I have no need for the RTOS, Filesystem, etc.Basically, I want to "take the USB" but I want to to "leave the rest"  so that my program stays small. Is this even possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BryGuyH
Contributor IV

Short answer: No

Long answer: with enough time and dedication you could... but its probably easier to look at reference code from others designed to run on bare metal.

You can probably tweek the config options to turn almost everything off. Look at small_ram_config.h, smallest_config.h and usb_stack_config.h

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BryGuyH
Contributor IV

Short answer: No

Long answer: with enough time and dedication you could... but its probably easier to look at reference code from others designed to run on bare metal.

You can probably tweek the config options to turn almost everything off. Look at small_ram_config.h, smallest_config.h and usb_stack_config.h

0 Kudos