Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART uisng DMA on MQX

Jump to solution
oscargarciaabad
Contributor III

HI all,

I want to use DMA for UART under MQX 4.1 (for kinetis devices). Is this feature already supported?

I saw there is the function _kuart_dma_install, but there are no references to it on MQX.

Regards,

Oscar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Oscar,

MQX doesn’t support UART and DMA. If you need these functionalities then you need to write your own driver.

The customer has the option to purchase Level 2 MQX support, either Standard or Premium.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX_SUPPORT

I checked this and it is not documented. And also this driver is not called in bsp_init.c. for being installed. I loos like the files were added for future releases but the support is not official yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Oscar,

MQX doesn’t support UART and DMA. If you need these functionalities then you need to write your own driver.

The customer has the option to purchase Level 2 MQX support, either Standard or Premium.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MQX_SUPPORT

I checked this and it is not documented. And also this driver is not called in bsp_init.c. for being installed. I loos like the files were added for future releases but the support is not official yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
oscargarciaabad
Contributor III

Hello Soledad,

Thanks for your answer,

regards,

Oscar

0 Kudos