Set up an USB composite device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up an USB composite device

Fabi
Contributor III

I want to set up a composite USB device (providing e.g.. CDC+MSD virtual com plus mass storage or HID+MSD or ...) using MQX. The things to do would be on the one hand to define proper descriptors (device and configuration descriptor). Second step would be to test if 'MQX is ready for USB composite device'. I guess, however, some changes on USB middleware in MQX would be necessary to make it working. Experience from freescale's MQX-engineers would be necessary for it.

What's your opinion? Is anybody interested in?

@Freescale: Is there a repository-branch for sharing MQX examples, improvements and so on with community members? This would be great. (Write access to interested community members would be necessary.)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

peter_hanak
Contributor I

Are there progress in this subject?

I mean, implementing a composite device under MQX?

I try to do a MSC+CDC implementation, but I can't get even the enumeration to work. Under MQX, I get the USB_APP_ENUM_COMPLETE event, but under Windows, it says that the device can't be started.

Can anybody help, or share a working example?

Without MQX, in the USB Stack for medical devices, there are two composite device examples, but I couldn't port them to MQX.

0 Kudos

t_k
Contributor II

Has anyone made any progress?

I'm trying to set up an implementation that has MSC and CDC selectable through a hardware switch.  I can successfully run one or the other, but it requires a full power cycle to do it.   I would prefer to be able to close one and start the other through software.

Thanks

0 Kudos

TJ
Contributor II

Hello Travis

I was wondering if you had any success in implementing msc and cdc slectable using software mechanism! I am trying to enable just the cdc part, but when i try to hold off the msd by using the sense keys the cdc part fails to start! I was wondering if you would have any suggestions.

thanks and regards

0 Kudos

timias
Contributor IV

As a user, I have been asking for the ability to share source examples, and colaborate on projects as well. So far Freescale has shown little effort towards supporting something like this or at least hasn't communicated that it exists, though I hope it changes that is part of what makes the large OS's successful.

I also would be interested in creating a composite USB driver, as time allows.

0 Kudos