cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting MQX on future device

aureliengrange
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

Does the MQX's license allow us to port it on future Kinetis chip? (As MQX is discarded, BSP support should not be provided)

If yes, is there restrictions for commercial use?

Tanks.

Aurélien

0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Aurélien,

Please check the MQXFAQ MQX Frequently Asked Questions|NXP

Q: Will all new Kinetis devices be supported by NXP MQX® RTOS?
A: Yes. We plan for all applicable Kinetis devices to be enabled with NXP MQX RTOS. NXP plans to expand the availability of this complimentary integrated enablement software to include many embedded processors in its broad portfolio.

Q: I´m interested in using a i.MX/ColdFire® / Power Architecture™ processor that is not enabled with the NXP MQX Software Solutions. Can I still use the NXP MQX RTOS?
A: Yes, you can a buy a license of a pre-tested release for your chosen processor through Embedded Access Inc. Users are not authorized to create their own port from other NXP MQX RTOS-enabled processor releases. NXP will not provide technical support to users who create their own port. NXP will provide a complimentary NXP MQX RTOS with new releases of silicon.

Q: Can I use NXP MQX RTOS in a commercial project? Do I have the rights to modify source code?A: Yes, you can use NXP MQX RTOS in a commercial project. The source code is provided with the NXP device and you are free to modify it for your specific application.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aureliengrange
Contributor II

Hello Soledad,

I had looked the information about porting MQX on IMX/Colfire and on other µC, but I hadn't seen the information about Kinetis.

So just to confirm, will NXP provide BSP for all new/future Kinetis (K82, KV5x, KW31Z,…) and grant the MQX license for this chip?

Thanks for the confirmation

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aureline,

Thank you for your interest in our microcontrollers, with the merger behind us, I'd like to provide a quick note to our followers.  NXP will continue to support Kinetis devices, however the new devices will not be supported on MQX.  To work with such microcontrollers we are providing new tools such as KSDK with FreeRTOS integration.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos