Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping problem over 2 different subnets

gianmichelepasi
Contributor II

Hi.

I use MQX RTCS 4.0.

I have 2 networks.

I try to ping from PC (ip 192.168.67.87 mask 255.255.255.0) to MQX board (ip 192.168.76.32 mask 255.255.255.0) through a gateway that has one interface and 2 IP addresses, one is 192.168.67.1 and the other 192.168.76.1.

I believe I have enabled all defines for RTCS:

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_STATS     1

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_GATEWAYS  1

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_SNMP      1

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_NAT       1

RTCS_MINIMUM_FOOTPRINT   0

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_ICMP      1

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_UDP       1

RTCSCFG_ENABLE_TCP       1

RTCSCFG_IPCFG_ENABLE_DNS 1

Ping runs properly only the first time, all the next times it fails.

In ICMP statistics I see ST_RX_ECHO_REQ and ST_TX_ECHO_REPLY increment by 1 unit every ping from PC.

ST_RX_REDIRECT increments only the first time and then it remains at 1 value.

At MQX board power on and before I start PC ping, I try to enable ping (every one second) from MQX to my PC.

In this case MQX ping returns always 0 (RTCS_OK).

When I start to ping from my PC (keeping ping from MQX to PC active), also MQX ping starts to fail and returns 0x1510 (RTCSERR_IP_UNREACH - no route to host).

I get the same results using both DHCP (I check that MQX catches the correct ethernet data - IP, mask and gateway) and using static IP.

Does anybody know what's the problem?

It seems that when task increments ST_RX_REDIRECT something that changes the situation happens, and I don't understand if the change is in RTCS library or in the network?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bye.

Michele Pasinelli

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gianmichelepasi
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

thank you for reply,

I've waited network sniffer to check what's happening in my network.

Now I view that PC ping (192.168.67.87) always arrives at RTCS MQX board (192.168.76.32), the board increments ST_RX_ECHO_REQ and ST_TX_ECHO_REPLY ICMP statistics, but I don't see with wireshark any RTCS MQX board replies messagge, but I view only the first ping reply.

It seems that something happens in the RTCS MQX board when the server (192.168.76.1) sends "redirect" message.

screen2.png

I attached the screenshot of wireshark capture.

Replacing RTCS MQX board with a PC the server always sends a recdirect message, but the ping request is followed by replay message.

Do you have any idea of what my problems is?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bye.

Michele Pasinelli

0 Kudos