Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX New Project Plug-In with CW10

Jump to solution
mykepredko
Contributor IV

Hiya,

I'm starting to work with MQX in CW10 and as I go through the "Getting Started with Freescale MQX RTOS" document, everything seems ok until I get to section 2.1.2 "Creating new MQX Project".  My PC is a Windows 7 32bit. 

In this section, it says that MQX RTOS setup installs the MQX "New Project Wizard" plug-in into CW10 directly and can be found in File -> New. 

I thought I had everything installed correctly, but I don't see this option (I also can't look at "Released" source code as shown in the manual (section 2.1.1)). 

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanx,

myke

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mykepredko
Contributor IV

I've just discovered from my FAE that if you want to run CW10 under Windows 7 you MUST do it as "Administrator". 

For most people, this means that instead of left clicking "CodeWarrior" from the Start Menu, you must right click it and then click on "Run as administrator". 

If you don't do this, or if you are not running as administrator, when you start up CodeWarrior, it will come up as "eclipse Ganymede" and when you click on "About" in "Help", it will come up as "Ganymede" instead of CodeWarrior.  Most importantly, if you click on "Plug-in Details", you won't get the MQX plug in. 

Thanx for Derrick Klotz for pointing this out.

myke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mykepredko
Contributor IV

Quick update:

I just checked the "About Eclipse Platform" (there doesn't seem to be an "About Freescale CodeWarrior" as outlined in the Help menu) and while there are lots of Freescale Plug ins, there doesn't seem to be one for MQX. 

I'm trying to work through the MQX jar documentation for the wizard.  Anybody have any suggestion for putting it in manually?

Thanx,

myke

0 Kudos
mykepredko
Contributor IV

One last update.  I removed and then reinstalled MQX, still no joy.  I did check the folder where the plug-in is supposed to be installed and its there for some reason Eclipse isn't recognizing it. 

Any ideas?  Are there any controls I should set to allow MQX development?

Thanx,

myke

0 Kudos
mykepredko
Contributor IV

I've just discovered from my FAE that if you want to run CW10 under Windows 7 you MUST do it as "Administrator". 

For most people, this means that instead of left clicking "CodeWarrior" from the Start Menu, you must right click it and then click on "Run as administrator". 

If you don't do this, or if you are not running as administrator, when you start up CodeWarrior, it will come up as "eclipse Ganymede" and when you click on "About" in "Help", it will come up as "Ganymede" instead of CodeWarrior.  Most importantly, if you click on "Plug-in Details", you won't get the MQX plug in. 

Thanx for Derrick Klotz for pointing this out.

myke

0 Kudos