cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX Debug tools only work once in KDS

Jump to solution
enochlee
Contributor II

I am using KDS for a project with a Kinetis MK10 on one version and a Kinetis MK12 on the other.

I am using KDS 2.0.0 with MQXLite 1.1.1 and a Segger J-link debugger. I have the MQX Task Aware Debugger for GDB installed and when I am debugging the application I can use the MQX views to see the task list, Kernal Data, Lightweight event status, stack usage etc.

However, this works on the first time I start a debug session. If I ever stop the debugger and terminate the session then start a new session, the views no longer work.

Stack usage displays: Stack usage information not found!

Task List: Task list not retrieved successfully!

and so on.

I have tried uninstalling the plug in and re-installing it though the update site with the same results.

Any insights would be great.

1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enoch,

The issue was fixed (TAD version 1.0.8) and will be available on KDS update site along with release of KDS 3.0.0.

It is expected by end of April/beginning of May

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Iva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This is an issue with the TAD working with KDS IDE. It is already reported and it is planned to be fixed in the next TAD version.

Please refer to this posts:

Re: MQX and TAD not working in KDS

Re: Problem: Installing MQX RTOS Task Aware Debugger for GDB plug-in (TAD)

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Hope this information can help you

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
enochlee
Contributor II

I had read both of those posts carefully before making this post. I feel that while this problem may be related, it is different enough to warrant a new post.

Both of those posts deal with users who could not get the tools to work in the first place. My tools work, but just the first time KDS is launched. after pressing stop in the debug perspective and launching from the same debug config, the tools no longer work. If I were the software developer making the plugin I would appreciate this logged as a separate bug because of the different circumstance.

0 Kudos
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enoch,

The issue was fixed (TAD version 1.0.8) and will be available on KDS update site along with release of KDS 3.0.0.

It is expected by end of April/beginning of May

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
enochlee
Contributor II

Thank you for the response. I will mark this as the correct answer. I look forward to the new release.

PetrK
Contributor II

Same here.

KDS 2.0.0 + KSDK 1.1.0

Segger J-Link

0 Kudos