Getting Started with MQX and IAR

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started with MQX and IAR

nz
Contributor I

I am trying to use MQX with IAR.  I am following the getting started guide included with MQX.  However, after I select build all (section 2.1 on the Getting Started Guide), I get a bunch of errors that files cannot be found.  I went through and started manually including the files in the "include additional directories" in the Preprocessor tab of the Compiler section of the options menu.  See the listed I added below.  I could get rid of some of them, but eventually ran into an error that said it couldn't find "comp.h", which a search of all the files reveals only in a Texas Instruments subfolder, so I don't think that's right.  Regardless, it also seems to me like I shouldn't have to do this and I'm doing something wrong.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\include

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\config\twrk40x256

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\config\common

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\psp\cortex_a

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1\mqx\source\psp\cortex_m

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5\arm\inc\c

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.5\arm\inc

Some background, I am using EWARM version 6.5  I also have a bunch of other Embedded workbenches installed  (a few kickstarts, an AVR version, a MSP430 version)  I've had this screw up build paths before.

Anything I could try?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Could you please let me know which MQX version are you using??

Regards

Sol

0 Kudos

nz
Contributor I

Freescale MQX 4.1.1

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale MQX RTOS 4.1.1 was compiled and tested with IAR Embedded Workbench® for ARM® Version 7.10.3, could you please try installing this IAR version?

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

nz
Contributor I

I don't have that kind of money to buy a new compiler just to test that.  This is a poor answer and the reason I always regret signing up for forums.

0 Kudos