Do we require to Format partition when MFS library is changed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we require to Format partition when MFS library is changed.

krishnashastry
Contributor I

We have 2 scenarios.

Scenario 1 : Earlier we implemented 3 logical partitions and a temporary file in each of them. The temp file were checked on system Initialization process and if they are found, then partition is concluded to be fine. With that change , new mfs.a library got created.

Scenario 2: Later/Recently we removed creating of temp files and introduced MFS integrity logic /check for 3 logical partitions. This change created an another mfs.a library. 

Question: - Do you suspect, a format is needed for all the partition with creation of new mfs.a? .(i.e new FAT allocation is needed)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Krishna:

A format is must when you want to use a different FATs: FAT12,FAT16,FAT32, etc, here are sector boundaries that determine the cluster size, the root directory size.  If your new scenario changed this, I think you need to do a format.

But I think it is also OK to format the disk at any time.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

krishnashastry
Contributor I

Thanks Daniel for the reply.

In the second scenario we did not change anything related to FATs, it remain same. We only did change to extend the integrity check feature for all the three partition. So when we flashed application binary which is compiled with new mfs.a, file open(for writing) to one of file partition fails.

0 Kudos