DHCP Discover Requests Constantly Sent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP Discover Requests Constantly Sent

rstevens
Contributor I

We are using MQX 4.0.2 for DHCP and Static IP connections to communicate to a PC (and other devices). We've recently come across a situation where we see our device, while attempting to get an IP address, just start and stream requests like crazy.... 

pastedImage_1.png

All of the discover messages above are from the same device and our firewall is giving us the offer, but for some reason we are not accepting it. More strange is that we just send these messages, back to back, without any sort of wait time in between. 

Today, we have our state machine setup to call ipcfg_bind_dhcp() until it returns 0, then we periodically call the ipcfg_poll_dhcp() until that returns 0. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

rstevens
Contributor I

Daniel, 

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately there are a few things that are preventing me from getting you this: 

1. I'm seeing this when a power-cycle a rack of 20 of our devices. 
  2. I'm not able to recreate this on an individual device
  3. It definitely does not happen all of the time. 

What I do know, since I first put this message up, is that our device is supposed to send out ARP messages during the Discover portion of DHCP. When this bug occurs, the ARP messages never get out of the device. 

Not sure if it's a side-effect of the bug, or related at this point. Are there any known bugs in V4.0.2 I should know about that I should attempt applying patches for? 

Thanks again for your help!

Robert

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Robert:

Please read the following messages, it maybe related to your issue.

Two reported vulnerabilities in MQX RTOS may result in fault or denial of service. If your product utilizes either the DNS Resolver (MQX v4.1 and earlier versions) or the DHCP Client (all versions MQX), please email mqxsales@nxp.com for more details and recommended resolutions. 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Robert:

From your packets, it seems the DHCP client sent DHCP discover successfully, but didn't receive the packets from the DHCP server.  No DHCP request in your packets. Could you please make a simple project that can reproduce your issue on TWR board?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos