C++ support for MQX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ support for MQX

haraldadolph
Contributor III

In the latest version of MQX (4.2), did you implement full C++ support? (regarding the <string> functionality)? In earlier versions, fio.h and other files had to be changed manually in order to avoid compile conflicts for stdin, etc

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harald,

The C++ support still remains the same as in last version.

Have you seen this document? Creating a new MQX project using GCC C++

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-101405#comment-27393

By now MQX is not supporting full C++. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos

amithergass
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

We are currently migrating an MQX3.7 based application to MQX4.2.

Most of the app source is C++.

Since we couldn't get the GCC to compile the C++ sources in the project, we've decided to keep using the cw10 compiler.

We imported the old application project into the workspace, and now we are in the process of getting it to compile.

My question is how do I change the bsp and psp projects to be compiled by the cw10 as well? in this case do I still have to follow the workaround :"Creating a new MQX project using GCC C++"

Hope you can help us with this.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

Unfortunately this specific combination of tools is not available :smileysad:. Let me explain reason.

Freescale ARM compiler is no longer maintained. The last CW version that featured this compiler was CW10.4. On the other hand, only CW10.6 provide support for MQX4.2, you can see this in chapter 1.1 Development Tools Requirements of MQX Release Notes Document.

(C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\doc\MQX_Release_Notes.pdf)

You may need to use GCC compiler in order to use MQX4.2 with CW10.6.

If you have any problem on migrating to GCC just let us know. If you dont want to share your project in the community you can submit a Service request at www.freescale.com/support

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos