Using PEMicro to program MPC5745

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PEMicro to program MPC5745

jyothsnarajan
Contributor V

I have two separate .elf files, one for each core of the MPC5745. I want to use cyclone universal to program the flash. My intent is to store the program in the cyclone internal memory and then use the cyclone to program the flash. To create an image to store on the cyclone, I used the Cyclone Image creation utility. The very first action is to select a .pcp file. For the MPC5745, there are 4 .pcp files.as listed below:

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x4k_BAF.pcp

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x4k_UTest.pcp

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x64k_DFlash.pcp

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x740k_CFlash.pcp

How does one decide which pcp to use for what purpose? Where can I find documentation to understand the purpose of each .pcp and what the numbers in the file names mean?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

johnny_pe
Contributor III

Greetings,

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x4k_BAF.pcp -> This algorithm programs a special region called the Boot Assist Flash. I would be very careful about modifying this region because you can cause unintended effects to your MCU.

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x4k_UTest.pcp -> This algorithm programs the UTest region. This region has special CPU settings so I would also be careful modifying it.

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x64k_DFlash.pcp -> This algorithms covers the data flash region.

NXP_MPC5745R_1x32x740k_CFlash.pcp -> This algorithm covers the code region.

You can open the PCP file in any text editor to see what memory ranges it covers and if it will work with your ELF files. Please contact our support team directly on our website if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Johnny

PEMicro Support

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

because Cyclone is not NXP product, I recommend you contact PeMicro support directly. They will provide you better information, how to use cyclone and do you task.

PEmicro | Experts in Embedded tools for Flash Programming and Development 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos