Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAppID Bootloader Utility

Jump to solution
HBR
Contributor II

Dear sir/Madam,

When I am using RAppID Serial Boot loader Utility for flashing of application .srec file of size ~734KB Its taking 20mins time to complete successful flash.  Even if we consider if its flashing for full 8MB of internal flash memory it should take ~10mins.

As per theoretical calculation for 115K BR, it should take ~1mins(considering 10bits per Byte) to finish flashing of ~734KB. 

Kindly suggest me the usage of this utility ? or any time to be set? or suggest me any other best tool to be used to flash as per expected time. 

Regards,

HBR

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HBR
Contributor II

Thanks Mike,

But we are not populating CAN interface in our custom design any more. Is P&E Micro supports Serial Download I don't think so it is for BDM?

If so or any 3rd party tool as suggested by u, could u confirm me that the same BAM code(i.e.MPC5777C_S32DS_UART0_CAN0.srec) helps us to download our application code using third party tool instead of RAppID bootloader Utility?

Thanks & Regards,

HBR

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mikedoidge
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Honnappa,

This tool was created for development purposes, not for production use, so the speed of flashing was not a significant focus of the development effort. The tool supports both serial and CAN communications. You will likely find the CAN option to be faster. If you stay with the serial option, then you might consider the chipset of the USB-to-Serial converter you are using. The Prolific chipset is faster than the FTDI chipset, but it seems to be less stable.

If you wish to have a faster flashing capability, then I suggest you consider a 3rd-party product. You might consider P&E Micro or IAR, etc.

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
HBR
Contributor II

Thank you Mike.

I have one more query on RAppID Bootloader utility. 

In order to reduce time for downloading image through serial(i.e.eSCIA) of MPC5777C, is there any tool which I can use to download binary image instead of RAppID utility? So that I can achieve downloading of 8MB size within 10mins.

Kindly suggest the tool to download binary image of size 8MB to internal flash of MPC5777C.

Regards,

HBR

0 Kudos
HBR
Contributor II

Thanks Mike,

But we are not populating CAN interface in our custom design any more. Is P&E Micro supports Serial Download I don't think so it is for BDM?

If so or any 3rd party tool as suggested by u, could u confirm me that the same BAM code(i.e.MPC5777C_S32DS_UART0_CAN0.srec) helps us to download our application code using third party tool instead of RAppID bootloader Utility?

Thanks & Regards,

HBR

0 Kudos
HBR
Contributor II

Thanks & Reagrds,

HBR

0 Kudos
HBR
Contributor II

0 Kudos
HBR
Contributor II

Dear sir/Madam,

When I am using RAppID Serial Boot loader Utility for flashing of application .srec file of size ~734KB Its taking 20mins time to complete successful flash.  Even if we consider if its flashing for full 8MB of internal flash memory it should take ~10mins.

As per theoretical calculation for 115K BR, it should take ~1mins(considering 10bits per Byte) to finish flashing of ~734KB. 

Kindly suggest me the usage of this utility ? or any time to be set? or suggest me any other best tool to be used to flash as per expected time. 

I am awaiting for your reply

Regards,

HBR

0 Kudos