cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about receiving ethernet frame on MPC5604E

helenshao
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm now working on the FEC module on MPC5604E, but I have problems on receiving Ethernet frame. I  can't receive any Ethernet frame. I have checked the ISR handler function of Ethernet frame and I have also enabled the interrupt of FEC RX.

My code is in the attachment.

Could you please help me to fix the problem or give me some examples of FEC on MPC5604E?

Many thanks in advance!

Helen

Original Attachment has been moved to: FEC_test.zip

Labels (1)
5 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Do you use any NXP board or your own made board. What is the PHY interface?

In your code I see the internal loopback is not used but you commented out the initFecPhy(). Do you have any issue with PHY init?

You can also use external loopback cable to check if frame is received back.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

helenshao
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

I use my own made board. The PHY interface is TJA1100. I really don't use the internal loopback and we made the TJA1100 module by ourselves. It needn't any init. I can use the code to transmit the Ethernet frame but I can't receive any frame.

Could you please tell me how to use external loopback cable to check?

Many thanks in advance!

Helen

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do something like this

pastedImage_0.png

And plug it into your Ethernet connector.

This way you should receive what it is transmitted, so you can check received data in your code or at least measure RX signals with a scope at least.

Petr

helenshao
Contributor II

Hi Petr,

I solved the problem! Thanks a lot for your help!

Many thanks!

Helen

0 Kudos

gangadharreddyy
Contributor I

Hi Helen,

I am using your code for internal loop back test with FEC and trying to transmit data. I do not see triggering any ISR, RXF flag set in EIR register though I enabled RXF interrupt through EIMR. I can see TXB interrupt flag is set as soon as I write into TDAR indicating that frame is ready.

Let me know if you have done any fix or any suggestions for making internal loop back to work.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Thanks,

Gangadhar

0 Kudos