Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5775E 3-phase PMSM Development Kit - Motor Control Application Tuning Tool

Jump to solution
auftrag2021
Contributor III

Hello, 

HW - MPC5775E 3-phase PMSM Development Kit 

we have completely follow the every single step from the NXP guide line until almost last step. 

As we see below, the communication between the tool and MCU is succeed, I can see the drvFOC.pwmflt.fltArg value move back and forth a little bit.

auftrag2021_0-1648479222323.png

But once I drag the speed from 0 to another value, I heard a very small "click" from the machine, The PMSM rotated only with a very small angle, then I got immediately a fault on the panel. I cleared the fault flag and retried with high or low speed, the fault came out always after a tiny angle rotation.

auftrag2021_1-1648480239228.png

What did I do wrong?   (Hint: all the library, SW tools, IDE are the latest version with no doubt.)

Second Question: the whole guide line until step 4.7 didn't mention the SW1/SW2/SW3 on the power board at all, except a very short and unclear footage in the video guide line.

I saw the lady in footage push the SW1 and then SW2 somehow (very unclear presented), the PMSM can rotating. It is absolutely not doable by my setup.

auftrag2021_0-1648487432490.png

What is the function principle of these three switches? Do we have anywhere else a more clear guide line?

auftrag2021_3-1648480937694.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It looks like it is this issues, make sure you have jumper placed:

petervlna_0-1648716026675.png

Otherwise you wont get position from resolver, which will lead to malfunction of align function.

What is the function principle of these three switches? Do we have anywhere else a more clear guide line?

The switches in fact replace Freemaster tool, so you can control motor by freemaster or by switches.

I recommend to use freemaster.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It looks like it is this issues, make sure you have jumper placed:

petervlna_0-1648716026675.png

Otherwise you wont get position from resolver, which will lead to malfunction of align function.

The switches in fact replace Freemaster tool, so you can control motor by freemaster or by switches.

I recommend to use freemaster.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
auftrag2021
Contributor III

thank you so much. The problem was found. I mis-connected the jumper on J122 (should be 28-29), but I did on 29-30. That's exaclty the resolver signal failed. 

Now everything is fine

0 Kudos