MPC5748G reset question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G reset question

qiaodeng
Contributor II

When I was downloading program for MPC5748G, the power was cut off accidently. Now the MCU reset pin is always low level, and I can't download program anymore. The S32 design studio shows the window below:

157872_157872.PNG捕获.PNG

Has the MCU been locked? What should I do to have access to MCU again?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

bdn
Contributor III

Hi qiaodeng​,

please have a look at this thread: MPC5748G Flash Problem.

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

qiaodeng
Contributor II

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your help. I have tried the method you mentioned in the thread, and I got exactly the same problem as yours. I still can't revive my MCU. Have you resolved this problem?

Regards,

Qiao

0 Kudos

bdn
Contributor III

Hi qiaodeng​,

I could not revive the controller and had to buy another one. I know they are really hard to get.

I could buy one from element14/newark. As the page says, there is one more in stock of the BGA324 version:

MPC574XG-324DS - NXP - DAUGHTER BOARD, 32BIT MCU | Newark element14

This is the daughterboard with one MPC5748G sample.

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi bdn​,

I don't know which daughter board you have. But if you go to nxp.com/MPC5748g you may find the parts available to order if you have daughter board and don't want to buy new one.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

bdn
Contributor III

Hi Deactivated user​,

thank you for that advice. I needed the BGA324 package which was not available at that time.

Regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi qiaodeng​,

have you correctly configured Delay after reset in debug configuration? Recommended value is 250ms, but you can use longer time.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

qiaodeng
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

I have configured the delay time as 1000ms, but it still doesn't work. Because the reset pin is always at low level, I think the chip may enter some kind of reset mode?

Regards,

Qiao

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Qiao,

yes, it seems it is the same problem which Bernhard had. Are you able to try it again with different microcontroller? Because when reset line is always low, it most probably indicates the micro is "dead".

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

qiaodeng
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Another 5748G chip can be flashed successfully via JTAG.  However I really hope to revive this "dead" chip because manufacturing another  controller will cost a long time...

Regards,

Qiao

0 Kudos