Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G cannot startup after erasing module failed

Jump to solution
LeonJin
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am using a custom MPC5748G board (PN: SPC5748GHK0AMKU6) and am not able to connect to it with my PE Micro Multilink JTAG tool.(Multilink Universal Rev.D)

things I have done were like this:

1. connect the chip to PROGPPCNEXUS ver 7.59 with PE micro jtag tool, and success

2. erased the module and wrong tap the opinion "choose module .pcp", did not choose anything but quit the PROGPPTNEXUS.     

3.  restart PROGPPTNEXUS and do the erase module operation again, founding the erasing progress doesn't seem to finish after a long time

4. power off the board, and power on again, than I found the Jtag tool can not connect to MPC5748G, it just seems like the chip is not powered.

LeonJin_1-1625468737502.png

than I measure the power supply, both 3.3V and 1.25V input is ok, but the reset pin is low. and TCK,TMS is constant low when power on. 

Any suggestions on getting the MPC to work properly  again?

Thanks,

Jin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is very possible that you have created ECC fault in HSM flash memory space by interruption of program/erase cycle.

Also the always low reset line suggest that.

Try to connect with different debug tool. like Lauterbach, Isystem.. and erase flash.

But I personally think that you have created ECC fault in HSM space and therefore the device is locked for external access. This is considered as security side attack and the device will be locked for good.

Code which is in device will execute normally, but you didnt finish the programming so also the code wont work for you.

You can basically call the device bricked and it is needed to replace the chip with fresh one.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

No there is no way to recover.

This is security feature and prevents hackers from acquiring customer code. Device is locked for good.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is very possible that you have created ECC fault in HSM flash memory space by interruption of program/erase cycle.

Also the always low reset line suggest that.

Try to connect with different debug tool. like Lauterbach, Isystem.. and erase flash.

But I personally think that you have created ECC fault in HSM space and therefore the device is locked for external access. This is considered as security side attack and the device will be locked for good.

Code which is in device will execute normally, but you didnt finish the programming so also the code wont work for you.

You can basically call the device bricked and it is needed to replace the chip with fresh one.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
LeonJin
Contributor I
Thanks for reply, Just like you said, when I remove the jtag tool, the reset\TCK\TMS pins will rise to high level, it seems normal, but when connected with jtag tool, reset pin keeps at low。 is there any method to unlock this chip?
0 Kudos