Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P FCCU RCCU Fault Injection

Jump to solution
pederrogo
Contributor III

Hello,

We are using the FCCU NCFF register in MPC5744P to test some FCCU fault handling, for example we test the lock step fault handling by using

FCCU.NCFF.R = va_SUP_FCCU_FaultInjection;

and setting va_SUP_FCCU_FaultInjection to the values 11, 12 and 13.

For values 11 and 12 the behavior is as expected, i.e. theres is a long reset performed. But, for value 13 there seems not to be any reaction. 

Thus, is there any difference between the RCCU_0a/RCCU_0b and RCCU_1 faults that could explain this behavior?

We do the following initializations for these faults:

FCCU.NCF_E[0].B.NCFE11 = 0x1u; //Enable reaction on fault NCF[11] - RCCU_0a: Interface (other than D-MEM or DMA) out of lockstep
FCCU.NCF_E[0].B.NCFE12 = 0x1u; //Enable reaction on fault NCF[12] - RCCU_0b: D-MEM array interface out of lockstep
FCCU.NCF_E[0].B.NCFE13 = 0x1u; //Enable reaction on fault NCF[13] - RCCU_1: DMA array interface out of lockstep

/* Configure lock step faults reaction to long reset */
FCCU.NCFS_CFG[0].R |= 0x0A800000u;

Best Regards,

Peder Rogö

1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I just made test example for NCF[13] with long reset reaction.

I is working as expected.

I can inject fault and then device is reset. After reset I can see that FCCU triggered long reset was triggered.

See pictures below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have in mind that this fault injection must be executed without debugger. As debug mode disable RCCU checkers.

I have also attached for reference my test example.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I just made test example for NCF[13] with long reset reaction.

I is working as expected.

I can inject fault and then device is reset. After reset I can see that FCCU triggered long reset was triggered.

See pictures below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Have in mind that this fault injection must be executed without debugger. As debug mode disable RCCU checkers.

I have also attached for reference my test example.

Peter

pederrogo
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your support.

I guess our problem is due to that we configure FCCU using bitwise operations like

FCCU.NCF_E[0].B.NCFE11 = 0x1u;

We have now changed so that 32-bit operations are used like for example

FCCU.NCF_E[0].R = 0x00003800u; 

Now, it seems as FCCU is configured as we would like it to, and a long reset is generated for the FCCU faults that are configured with action set to long reset, including RCCU_1.

Best Regards,

Peder

0 Kudos