cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC56xxx Default File and Setting Problems

tgc-yilmaz
Contributor III

Hello,

I am working with processors from the MPC56XXX family. While working with different processors, a situation caught my attention.
Although there are some differences between MP5644A and MPC5642A processors, in the project files created for both processors in CW IDE;
Same header files (MPC5644A.h and MPC5642A.h) under Project_Headers folder and same LCF files under Linker_Files folder. This situation causes some differences between the two processors specified in their RMs to not be observed. For example, although there is no A and B block separation in the flash memory of the MPC5642A processor, there seems to be such a separation because the same header file is used.

tgcyilmaz_0-1642576768866.png

The same is true for the MPC5674F and MPC5673F processors. The same LCF files are created for both processors and no matter which processor is selected, the LCF contains the default settings of MPC5673F. This situation leads to errors if not observed. E.g; The SRAM counter value is calculated based on the MPC5673F's SRAM size of 192KB.
However, if the working processor is MPC4574F (256KB) and more than 192KB of space is used, it will cause an error if this calculation is not paid attention to.

For these cases, is it possible to make corrections with the default settings, taking into account the differences in processors?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

thanks for pointing this out, I will report it. But just to be sure - which version of CodeWarrior do you have exactly?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

tgc-yilmaz
Contributor III

Hello,

The version of CodeWarrior is as I mentioned below.

CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers

Version: 10.6

Regards.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

please download the latest version 11.1.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/codewarrior-l...

The linker files are fixed in this version.

I can see that header file is still the same for both MPC5642A and MPC5644A but I can see no problem here. MPC5642A is a subset of MPC5644A, so everything should work.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos