cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5675K- Debugger:  Password Required Error- Device Censored

girishraobulusu
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been working with the MPC5675K evaluation board. I am trying to flash simple bareboard program onto the device. I am doing this in both the Eclipse based IDE Codewarrior 10.5 and Codewarrior Development Studio 5.9.0.

I am using the USB QORIVVA Multilink Rev A device - USB-ML-PPCNEXUS

I fear that the shadow flash region containing the RCHW has got corrupted during one of my attempts to flash the code. I have already reinstalled the drivers (PE micro USB Multilink Interfacce) to make sure it is not a connectivity/driver issue.

If there is a way to overcome this device lockout via censorship please do let me the know how. Any information in this regard would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

I am getting the following error message on doing so:

Codewarrior Developement Studio 5.9.0 :

"Attempting to uncensor device"

8802_8802.pngCodewarrior_Devlopment_Studio_5.9-Error_message.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse based IDE Codewarrior 10.5 :

"Device may be censored. Please enter the password (in hex) to uncensor:"

8804_8804.pngCodewarrior10.5-error_message.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

It indeed seems you corrupted the Shadow Flash block that contains censorship word.

Did you accidentally selected Shadow Flash algorithm instead of Code Flash?

I'm afraid that you censored the MCU and there is no way to recover it.

I hope you have the socket version of MPC5675K EVB so you can easily replace the MCU.

Can you possibly indicate what exactly you did. It may help others to avoid censoring their MCUs.

Thanks!

Stan

girishraobulusu
Contributor II

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your input.

It has been just a few weeks since I have got the board, and in this while I have never gone around to doing any flash programming or for that matter the selection of any flash algorithm, since it is not required at this stage of our project. However, I believe every time we are changing the processor mode from DPM--> LSM the shadow flash region would have to be updated through the User Option Status Register which mirrors the Shadow block region. And since the application code that I have as of now does not explicitly modify this register, I believe it would be a part of the Codewarrior10.5 hardware package.

The sequence of events through which the problems came about are:

1. In one of my attempts to flash the code, Codewarrior Crashed following which I got the error :

>>> Error launching Test_MPC5675K_DPM_FLASH_PnE USB-ML-PPCNEXUS

EPPC GDI protocol error: Failed to configure target. Processor configured as DPM/LSM opposite of the project settings.

2. Following this I tried the usual steps to fix the problem as suggested on the Freescale community posts - to re-install the P&E drivers, re-install Codewarrior10.5 etc but to no avail.

3. Then I used Codewarrior Developement Studio 5.9.0 and did tried launching one of the sample projects along with providing the hex password within the PEMICRO Connection manager -->Advanced Option.

Following this step, the error message changed to: "Attempting to uncensor device"  and now on trying on Codewarrior10.5 the error message changed to "Device may be censored. Please enter the password (in hex) to uncensor".

4. After this the status of the board has not changed and the same error message continues to show-up.

Since I have not explicitly erased the shadow flash region using any of the flash programming algorithm I presume, that it should be still be intact(hopefully) and if there is any way that the board can be recovered without the need for replacing -it would be a great help.

In any-case I will post the same steps on the community forum as well so others can avoid the same problem.

Thanks and regards,

Girish Rao Bulusu

0 Kudos