MPC5606B TestFlash(OTP Flash)Reprogram

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5606B TestFlash(OTP Flash)Reprogram

Contributor III

We wrote the wrong data to testflash. Is there any way to modify this data?Software method? Hardware method?We urgently need to solve this problem.Please help us as soon as possible.

Or is there any way to shield a certain part of testflash by hardware?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The meaning of OTP is that no one is able to change its content once programmed.

The module is composed of a single bank (Bank 0): Read-While-Write is not supported.
Bank 0 of the module is divided in 18 sectors including a reserved sector, named TestFlash, in which some One-Time Programmable (OTP) user data are stored, as well as a Shadow Sector in which user erasable configuration values can be stored.

Just change micro in your board. I see no other way to solve this.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Contributor III

We really don't want to change the MCU, which will cause us a lot of damage, because the number of controllers that have this problem is too much. Is there an external circuit to erase this data? For example, apply a high voltage to the MCU?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hmm, not that I know about. OTP blocks are made by writing to registers which are write once only. So once you lock that flash block with OTP it is permanent.

By the way: what is the meaning of OTP memory which you can reprogram / erase?

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Contributor III

I said OTP, referring to testflash. I understand that ordinary flash can be reprogrammed by software. So can OTP (testflash) be erased by some special circuit?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well, even if there is such possibility (I don't know of) I surely would not discuss it publicly on community.

This you won't solve here. I suggest you to write ticket or to contact NXP FAE (he can talk to design guys).

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos