MPC5125 Nand Flash Programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5125 Nand Flash Programmer

dbelt
Contributor I

I'm looking for a simple, easy to use, low cost Nand Flash programmer (Not a debugger) for the Freescale MPC5125. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

dbelt
Contributor I

Hi Sinan,

Yes, I am looking for suggestions for a JTAG programmer for production or technicians to use. I do not need a debugger. Do you have any experience with a programming tools for the MPC5125? Thanks.

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Dennis, I worked on implementing a NAND flash programmer for 5125 sometimes ago. But this one utilized BDI3000 to access  memory and registers of the SoC. I am not aware of any other tools that would program 5125 simply using JTAG transport. At the minimum, the device would require to get hold of SoC debug port to access memory and registers to program the controller. When it provides this, it is not that far off from being a JTAG debugger. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Dennis, you should be able to program your flash while running u-boot or Linux kernel. This is probably the simplest method you can have.

If you need to program your flash before you have any software running on your board you need to access your flash and/or your SoC through an interface and JTAG is then pretty much the only option you would have but then you would need a JTAG debugger. Is this not what you like to do ?

0 Kudos