IDE for MPC5746C

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDE for MPC5746C

habcollector
Contributor I

Greetings, this is a simple question, but one I have been unable to find an answer to online.  I am to use a MPC5746C processor on the next design.  From the NXP website I was unable to confirm if this specific processor is supported by Code Warrior and for that matter Processor Expert.

Can someone please tell me what development environments supports this processor assuming there are more than one.  Again, following the links I could not verify that the Code Warrior Development package would support this part.  For that matter a google search did not lead to good results. 

Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

CodeWarrior does not support MPC5746C microcontrollers. But there is S32 Design Studio for power architecture, which supports all MPC57xx family microcontrollers. Please look at the following URL:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/ide-debug-compile-build-tools/S32DS-PA.html 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me back.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martinkovar
Contributor II

Hi,

CodeWarrior does not support MPC5746C microcontrollers. But there is S32 Design Studio for power architecture, which supports all MPC57xx family microcontrollers. Please look at the following URL:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/ide-debug-compile-build-tools/S32DS-PA.html 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

habcollector
Contributor I

Thank you so much for responding – that was very helpful. If I may ask two more questions.

As best you know, is the S32 Design Studio the only IDE that supports this processor?

The MPC5746C has a JTAG interface. What JTAG tool to program / develop this device does the S32 Design Studio support?

Thanks,

Hab

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hab,

there are also another IDEs, but those are 3rd party IDEs like Multi IDE from Green Hills and some IDE from Wind River. But these two are under license.

Please look at the following links:

Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Embedded Development Tools, OptimizingCompilers, IDE tools, Debu... 

Wind River 

About the JTAG probe, directly with S32 Design Studio, you can use PEMicro Multilink Universal FX, or for example Lauterbach, which has it's own software, but it is compatible with .elf files created in S32 Design Studio.

Universal Multilink FX High-Speed Development Interface|NXP 

LAUTERBACH DEVELOPMENT TOOLS 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martinkovar
Contributor II

Hi Hab,

there are also another IDEs, but those are 3rd party IDEs like Multi IDE from Green Hills and some IDE from Wind River. But these two are under license.

Please look at the following links:

Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), Embedded Development Tools, OptimizingCompilers, IDE tools, Debu... 

Wind River 

About the JTAG probe, directly with S32 Design Studio, you can use PEMicro Multilink Universal FX, or for example Lauterbach, which has it's own software, but it is compatible with .elf files created in S32 Design Studio.

Universal Multilink FX High-Speed Development Interface|NXP 

LAUTERBACH DEVELOPMENT TOOLS 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos