How to setup eTimer to trigger ADC conversion on MPC5744P

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup eTimer to trigger ADC conversion on MPC5744P

VladiKn
Contributor III
Hello, Is there any example on how to do this? I have gone through all the documents that I have for the MPC5744P but couldn't find any example. It's only mentioned in the reference manual that it can be done. Cheers, Vladimir
0 Kudos
6 Replies

VladiKn
Contributor III

Hi,

I have initialized both the ADC and the eTimer and they run independently but I haven't managed to make a connection between them. I use ADC1 with CTU disabled and in Injected mode, and eTimer0 CH5. When I was using the ADC without the eTimer I used the EOC interrupt to gather the converted data. Do I use the eTimer interrupt in this case? Or is there another way to gather data?

Cheers,
Vladimir

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as I wrote eTimer1 ch5 is conencted to ADC0 and ADC1 as external trigger, so if using eTimer0 it will not work. 
Same interrupt will be called if ADC_IMR[MSKJEOC] is set.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

VladiKn
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, eTimer1 was used but when I wrote the answer I put 0 by mistake.
After I set the MSKJEOC bit I get the EOC interrupt but only once. I've noticed that the TCF (and TCF1) flag of the eTimer is set and I assume that's what triggers the conversion. But when I try to clear the TCF flag in the STS register it doesn't work and it is constantly set to 1. Do you know what could be the issue?

Thanks,
Vladimir

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

TCF is set when a successful compare occurs, it is cleared by writing 1 to this bit.
So probably counter is running and bit is set again.
The OFLAG signal is taken as external trigger to ADC.

BR, Petr 

0 Kudos

VladiKn
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I had the OFLAG set to Software controlled. When I set it to toggle on compare it works!

Cheers!

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if the ADC is in CTU mode, then you can use eTimer to trigger CTU, you can refer to below code
https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx-Knowledge-Base/Example-MPC5744P-eTimer-CTU-ADC-synchronization-...

If the ADC is not in CTU mode, then eTimer can directly trigger conversion. eTimer channel 5 acts as external trigger for ADC module and injection trigger should be enabled in ADC (JTRGEN bit). Using JCMR0 you select which channels will be sampled/converted after this external trigger happens. The eTimer1 ch5 is connected to ADC0 and ADC1, and the eTimer2 ch5 is connected to the ADC2 and ADC3 modules.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos