How to make corrupted data in the Flash?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make corrupted data in the Flash?

jaejynshin
Contributor III

Hello Experts

I am trying to make corrupted data in the Flash to check the fault recovery function in my device.

I referred the useful example in the below page

Example MPC5777C-1b+2b_FLASH_ECC_error_injection GHS614 

I used the "Generate_1bit_FLASH_ECC_error function" in the example, and it looks injecting error in the 0x00FC0000~0xFC0004.

But after executing it in my device, there was no Error or no Machine Check Exception. And memory doesn't have any error.

165767_165767.pngpastedImage_3.png

Is there something else should I check?

Thank you

Jaejyn

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

marco_sacchi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you need to check the failure reporting path for ECC there are available flash memory locations with erroneus ECC bits programmed: these locations are in the UTEST memory area, from 0x00400040 to 0x00400005F with a single bit corrupted and from 0x004000060 to 0x0040007F with two bits corrupted (non recoverable ECC error). Please look at the MPC5777C Reference Manual, table 4-3 chapt 4. This procedure is also mentioned in the MPC5777C safety manual.

Best regards.

Marco Sacchi

jaejynshin
Contributor III

That will be very useful. I will try the things you told me. Thank  you expert!

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Single-bit errors are automatically corrected (SECDEC = single bit correction, double bit detection) during read thus such error does not cause any program flow interruption. This error stays physically present in flash memory but it basically does not need any corrective action.

jaejynshin
Contributor III

Okey! Then I will try to generate non-correctable flash fault.

0 Kudos

jaejynshin
Contributor III

I found that ERM Interrupt is occurred normally and there is an Single-bit correction event on Memory 6.

pastedImage_1.png

But reading the fault address works well

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

I wonder if the successful read of the ECC fault position is correct working.

Thank you

Jaejyn

0 Kudos