cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash optimization in MPC5777C

sourabhjain
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using MPC5777C with system clock 192MHz and platform clock for flash is 96MHz. I want to configure the flash optimization to make MPC5777C run faster. Can you suggest me in details how to do it?

thanks and Regards,

Sourabh

0 Kudos
5 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, pay attention to chapter 4.1 in AN5191 describing process of flash optimization. RWSC and APC value for flatp=96MHz you may find in device's datasheet, section 3.12.6.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5191.pdf 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MPC5777C.pdf 

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

sourabhjain
Contributor III

pastedImage_1.png

Can you please tell me what is Flash memory read latency on mini-cache hit or miss value signify?

i am using MPC5777C with platform clock 96MHz so for this Flash memory read latency on mini-cache hit or miss value is 5 and 1. so does this meaning and how to calculate read latency in terms of time?

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Flash controller on this device contain mini-cache memory (instead of simple preftech buffer) where every cache line (i.e. set) consists of 32 bytes.

pastedImage_1.png

If read data are already pre-fetched (for instance they are accessed second time) then access time is 1 platform clock, it is cache hit.
If read data are not pre-fetched (for instance accessed first time) then access time 5 platfrom clocks, it is cache miss.

0 Kudos

sourabhjain
Contributor III

Hi,

Do you have any flash optimization code?

0 Kudos

sourabhjain
Contributor III

Hi David,

How to measure the performance after doing flash optimization? Is there any particular code for this where i can check the performance of code?

0 Kudos