Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error

264 Views
ayush_agarwal
Contributor I

I want porting a CW2.1 code to CW11.0 so for that i copied one by one .c and .h files. initially it was showing some function prototype missing errors but I have solved all. Now it is showing some linker error i.e 

'Building target: HVAC.elf'
'Executing target #69 HVAC.elf'
'Invoking: PowerPC Linker'
"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc" -o "HVAC.elf" @@"HVAC.args"

C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error

>multiply-defined: 'IR_ValidLeaderPulse' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>multiply-defined: 'IR_MultipleKeyPress' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>multiply-defined: 'IR_ValidMultipleKeyPress' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>multiply-defined: '.dwarf.IR_ValidLeaderPulse' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>multiply-defined: '.dwarf.IR_MultipleKeyPress' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>multiply-defined: '.dwarf.IR_ValidMultipleKeyPress' in IR_c.obj
>Previously defined in IR_App_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__GALLO_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'GALLO_SetContextDCU' in GALLO_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__GALLO_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'GALLO_SetContextDCU' in GALLO_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__GALLO_SIZE'
>Referenced from 'GALLO_SetContextDCU' in GALLO_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__GALLO_SIZE'
>Referenced from 'GALLO_SetContextDCU' in GALLO_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'InitVIU' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'InitVIU' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'VIU_ISR' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'VIU_ISR' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'InitVIU_MC' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>undefined: '__VIU_BEGIN'
>Referenced from 'InitVIU_MC' in VIU_c.obj
C:/Freescale/CW MCU v11.0/MCU/PA_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldeppc|Linker|Error
>Link failed.

Errors caused tool to abort.
mingw32-make: *** [HVAC.elf] Error 1

While there is nothing redefined or undefined. I am bit confused if some library is missing there or it's about something else ? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

143 Views
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

without any deeper knowledge of your project, it looks like you use some symbols in the .c file, which are not defined in linker file. At first, could you please check, if there was defined some symbols in linker files in CW2.1?

If yes, you must define these symbols in CW11.0 too.

By the way, what library you use? EWL or Newlib?

Could you please eventually share at least some part of project, which shows this error and which should work after this error will be resolved?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos